Tuesday, December 5, 2017

CarveDecember2017 - Day 5 Graber

I am so excited to share the stamp I carved today...I saw somewhere that someone was carving stamps of people from photographs.  Well I'm so not ready for that but I did want to give it a shot so I found a photo of my dog Graber (pronounced Grey-burr, not grabber - LOL) I liked and tried my hand at it.


This is my stamp that I made from this photo...

(He's a Jack Russell, Rat Terrier mix)

I forgot to print it out in reverse so he would be facing the right direction but it's pretty close.  As you can see he's brown with black shot through. I didn't know how to carve that into the stamp so it doesn't look exact but I'm pretty happy with how he turned out.  He's at least recognizable.  

4 comments:

  1. That is so cool. Where did you get the rubber to carve into? Did you use regular carving tools or something special?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job with your carving. I must try this out for my cat :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!