Wednesday, August 3, 2016

DecoArt Framed Monogram

Last week if you recall I shared the start of a project I was making for my son and soon to be DIL - if you missed it you can find the first part here: DecoArt Americana DECO Chalk Finish Wedding Art.

I have finished it and here's how it turned out....


It's a whopping 18x22" and is quite impressive in person!

I'm going to place it on the gift table at the wedding unwrapped so everyone can see it.
I hope that they like it.


If you recall or take a look at the previous steps I shared I had painted the entire frame and added the blue harlequin.  After all of the paint had dried I went back and sanded the front of the frame - Black only - and distressed it a bit with sand paper.  It make the blue & white background look very crisp against the distressed black.


I then glued on 2 types of black trim to finish off the frame.  A round 1/2" cord around the outside and a flat braided trim around the opening.  Popped in my artwork (Thank you Tracey for figuring out the PS stuff!!!) and ta-da!  Wedding gift ready to give.

Supplies:

DecoArt - Americana DECO Chalk Finish Paint - Everlasting (white), Legacy (blue) and Carbon (black); Harlequin Stencil
Other: Handcrafted Wood Frame (Thanks Dad!); Trim; Hot Glue; Artwork; Burlap

2 comments:

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!